John recently completed this high school meme. It looked like fun, so I’m following suite. Feel free to post your own and let me know.
1. Did you date someone from your school? My high school years were sad and pathetic romantically (and in most other ways as well). I didn’t date in high school.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No, I married someone from my wife’s high school.
3. Did you car pool to school? Sometimes. Mostly though, I walked before I got my license and drove by myself after.
4. What kind of car did you have? A puke-green 1975 Chevy Vega. This may explain my answer to #1.
5. What kind of car do you have now? A red 2008 Toyota Corolla.
6. Its Friday night…where are you now? Watching TV and having a beer.
7. It is Friday night…where were you then? You would probably find me with John. Either at his house, my house, a high school sports game, or cruising. And if we were cruising, you’d find us chugging…a 7-11 Super Big Gulp.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I was a gas station attendant at a Chevron gas station.
9. What kind of job do you do now? I’m an IS Administrator.
10. Were you a party animal? No.
11. Were you considered a flirt? No.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Yes, I was a band nerd. Yet more evidence for #1.
13. Were you a nerd? I won the trifecta of nerd-dom: band, science club, and chess club.
14. Did you get suspended from school? No, not in high school. I was suspended once or twice in Middle School.
15. Can you sing the fight song? No. However, it is to the tune of On Wisconsin. I guess our school was too poor to come up with its own song.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher? Ms. Richter (Math) and Mr. Endicott (Social Studies).
17. Where did you sit during lunch? In a chair like everyone else.
18. What was your school’s full name? Ontario High School
19. Where did you party the most? My place or John’s.
20. What was your school mascot? The Tigers! And this was during the 80s. In band, we played Eye of the Tigers so much it made our ears bleed.
21. Would you do it again? Only if I could do it right this time.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? Do we have to keep bringing up dating? Are you tring to rub salt into the wound? Please again refer to #1.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? One last time, see #1.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Most likely. It makes for some cheap entertainment.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? A few of them.
26. What are/were your school’s colors? Cardinal & Corn, whatever the heck those are. How about red and yellow?